LATAM airlines have an excellent business class fare from London to Rio, and a variety of other destinations in South America running at the moment.
London isn’t normally the best place to start long-haul trips in a premium cabin, for a number of reasons. Firstly is the the UK Government applies what’s knows as Air Passenger Duty (APD), which adds £150 alone to the cost of a long-haul flight.
Secondly, London is generally seen as a relatively premium market so non-stop flights are generally priced quite highly compared to smaller European cities.
So for UK residents, a deal like this where you don’t have to position somewhere in Europe is both attractive and convenient.
These fares have quite a number of conditions:
- Need to buy before midnight on 9th July 2017
- It books into Z class which earns tier points with British Airways and earns at 125% Avios
- 31 day advance purchase
- Non-refundable and non changeable
- Minimum five night stay, or a Saturday night
- Fares are valid from 4th July to 6th September
- Except between 20th July to 6th August
- Must return on or before 6th September
As you can see from the matrix on their website, there’s pretty wide availability.
And the final price is listed at the bottom.
There are a variety of other destinations available including Buenos Aires, Montevideo and Salvador, for prices between £1,550 and £1,700.